Do you have to give up the old PAN card when a woman marries and her name changes?
You do not have to get rid of the old PAN card because it is your permanent account number. However, if a woman were making legal changes to her name, then it would be wise to surrender it and apply for a new PAN card.
If only your address is changed after marriage and your name stays the same legally, the it is not necessary to get a new PAN. You should get the address changed though. You can get the download form by clicking here.
Submitting the application for “New PAN Card Request” or “Changes and Corrections in PAN card data”?
You can submit the applications when you already have PAN but need a new one or when you need to make a change or correction to your PAN data.
Will there be any charges for these forms?
- This form is a free download from pancardonline.com.
- There are fees in submitting this form. You will need to pay Rs. 717(plus any taxes & other required fees placed on it) to nripan.com for processing fees while submitting the form for New PAN Card Request and Changes and Corrections in PAN details.
Can a NRI – non resident Indian get a new PAN card without making changes in the data?
- Incase you are a OCI, PIO or a NRI and if you have lost your PAN card or if you have a PAN number, but do not have your PAN card yet, then you will need to fill out everything in the form.
If there are any changes or corrections in the PAN details?
- The boxes on the left side margin need to be checked only if changes need to be done to the data. If there are changes, then a mistake was made and it needs to be resubmitted.
What documents need to be included when submitting the form?
1. You will need proof of PAN number (see the top of the form)
2. You will need proof of any PAN card that you have given up in the past, if available
3. You will need proof of identity
4. You will need proof of your address
5. and you will need proof supporting the changes you need to make, if any
Documents that can be accepted as proof of PAN?
1) You can use a copy of your PAN card
2) You can use a copy of your PAN allotment letter
There are no other documents that can be acceptable as proof of your PAN.
If you cannot provide any form of proof, then the application can taken on a good effort basis.
It is necessary to include a photograph?
Everyone should always include a color photograph, recently taken (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space on the form. Do not staple or paper clip the picture to the form. The clearer the image on the form, the clearer it will be on the PAN card.